Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Migraine

Sometimes I wake up feeling kinda weird. It doesn't happen very often, but it's happened for years and years. I don't feel bad exactly, just weird. And I can't focus my eyes to read - in fact I can barely cross a room. I generally sit it out and that's as bad as it gets.

This morning my vision cleared and I thought it was over. It's shit-shoveling day, and yesterday the wind blew so hard I didn't want to work outside at all but this morning was just beautiful so I figured on getting quite a bit done. But no sooner did I go out in the sun and start on the horses than my head got all strange. I couldn't concentrate, could barely hold a conversation with H about her new horse, and my head started to hurt like the worst hangover I ever had. Except I haven't had much of anything to drink. I finished with the horses, but it took a long time.

Now I'm just sitting in the quiet and cool of the Scriptorium. The boys are probably mad at me, because I left them in Gitmo. Should let them out, I suppose, but this would be the day they do something stupid. They're in cahoots with Uncle Murphy, and I can't deal with him right now. Dammit - such a pretty day.

H sold Solari the World's Most Nervous Mare, and bought a new mare. She's the friendliest horse I've met in years, laps up attention like a puppy. But H's luck holds true, because as soon as she got her saddled to go riding with a friend she threw a shoe. The horse has some long, weird name. H told me what it is but I can't remember. Also I think there's something wrong with her, because she's been here since Friday and barely shat enough to fill the bottom of a wagon. Sometimes I think H isn't the finest judge of horseflesh.

I'm just gonna be irresponsible for the rest of the afternoon, I think. Even writing this is making my eyes cross again. Forgive any typos.

1 comment:

GunRights4US said...

You jinxed me. I read this post yesterday, and darned if I didn't get a migraine!