Sunday, August 21, 2011

Somebody was having fun, though...

You see a picture like this, and you just know fun is about to ensue for somebody.

Naturally it's that bastard Ian. He gets all the fun. While he was gonna be in the gulch anyway he brought some friends and their toys. Expect new videos at Forgotten Weapons in the near future, set in a desert that will be more familiar to TUAK readers. Yes, that's a Bren gun*.

And did I get to shoot them? I did not! Not because they were being stingy with ammo, but just because time ran out and I had to go chauffeur houseguests around for the tour'o'cool houses. Curses!

*Yes, it's legal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bastard Ian needs to hurry up with the belt feed device he is taunting me with so I can squander funds I really don't actually have for squander on a DPM and then further squander the un-squander-able on spam cans full of ammo.
My wife actually endorsed this. The state of California even allows it.
It must be done.


Bren guns look like fun too.... but the ammo is SOOOOOOOOO expensive.


Buck.

Ian said...

Yeah, .303 ain't cheap. Which is why the semiauto Bren I'm building for myself is a Chinese conversion in 7.62x39 using AK mags. :)

Anonymous said...

That's interesting. No way to make a x54R work there? I think I like that but I really....and I mean REALLY need you to make that belt feed thingy work so I can get a DPM....for the wife.


Buck.

Ian said...

Sure, you can convert a Bren to 54R. Generally it's done by reaming a .303 chamber and using ZB39 magazines.

Anonymous said...

Ian, you'll undoubtedly be THRILLED to know that you are swiftly rising to the very short list of people I like.

It's quite and honor.



Buck.