Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yucky. Yes, it's a word.

And a perfect word it is to describe this miserable day in early October. Woke up to wind and cold. Got a late start on chores, but I did get the tractor running again. Added fuel and hydraulic fluid, but unfortunately I forgot to bring antifreeze and it turns out we needed some bad so I didn't actually RUN the tractor very much. As it turns out that's just as well, because the storm clouds rolled in just as I finished cutting the last of the end pieces for my kitchen counter. It started to rain pretty good while I was cleaning the saw. The last time I saw the mixing paddle for my drill was when we were spreading waterproofing on M's Dome last summer - I looked and looked but couldn't find it. It was cheap plastic and pretty much falling apart anyway, so when I returned J's saw I borrowed his mixer.

Except for mixing the mortar, all the work remaining on the tiles occurs indoors, so weather will not be an excuse. I'll have to come up with some new excuse, since I've only done this twice and if I foul it up it's going to be an expensive mistake. I tend to procrastinate on those jobs, but there's really no way I can justify not plowing ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hangnails. I've had good luck using hangnails for an excuse.

Nobody really believes or accepts it but it fits right into a sentence perfectly.


No, no problem ... Really .... just glad to be of assistance.

{rolls eyes}

gooch