Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So much for Weatherman Joel...

Yeah, my prediction about the temperature was...kinda way off. It warmed up nice by the time I got the sand spread in the corral. Duke the He-goat is getting older and becoming a pain in the rear: He's starting to do that urine-in-the-beard thing that gives them their lovely odor, and gets more aggressive about having his way every time I clash with him, which is pretty much every time I encounter him lately. Fortunately the simplest solution is to let him out of the pen entirely, since he won't wander far from his lady friends. Though we even had an argument about that today, because he wanted into a pen I needed to enter and was prepared to fight me for it. He's still a sucker for a twist of the collar, though. Neighbor lady had just finished bacon, eggs and bagels when I finished with the new bedding, so I got a second breakfast out of the deal. Sweet.

I brought back enough composted horseshit to finish the fruit trees and spread it out, but when I tried to water it in I found the valve still frozen in the valvehouse and the cistern damned near dry. So now I'm running the generator to fill the cistern, have candles going in both valvehouses, and the breadmaker is industriously beating dough. None of the dogs got their walky this morning, and now Ghost is giving me a hard time so I guess I'd better get at it.

Hey! The faucet just cut loose! Gonna be a good day after all. Things to do, gotta go.

No comments: