Sunday, April 10, 2011

HPAV Gulchendiggensmoothen is back in action!

Replaced the missing fuel system part, and he started up as if he hadn't just spent a whole winter's hiatus. Just before M left, we used the bucket to load a big cell tower battery into his pickup. We've been gradually moving them to the city for salvage.


In the next couple of weeks I'm contracted to start digging holes for fruit trees and import horse shit, so I'll be re-learning how to use the thing.

We had a good weekend's work and play. We got the plumbing system fixed, and it doesn't even leak. Got the tractor running. Poured a whole bunch of concrete and laid two courses of block on M's Dome. The curved wall is almost done!


Got an old RV cleaned out and all our reloading gear/components moved over there. I've got to level it and get the interior laid out, but this old trailer's got perfect bench space - plus we can set up a shooting bench and target stands right outside. We may finally get some use from M's chronograph.

A good weekend! Now I'm very hungry and stump-sore, plus the boys are mad at me. So I'm gonna make some lunch and make it up to them.

4 comments:

The Grey Lady said...

Alright I have to ask, because if I don't it will drive me batty...What the heck is in the window of M's place? It kinda looks like a wee alien waving flags or paper or something...I KNOW it's NOT an alien, it just looks like an alien or a child with an oblong shaped head...Me thinks I need to go back to the optometrist....

M said...

Well, there's a cement mixer, oven, and solar thermal panel in there. Also my pet alien. :)

The Grey Lady said...

:O)

YOu must have one of those rare domesticated aliens that can't use their tentacles to suck out brains and then eat your flesh. Wish I could find one...

Joel said...

No, no. That's my pet robot Robbie. Wearing oven mitts - it's his idea of a joke.